Whelp, the Fireside Mittens are finally done! Took multiple tries and a lot of unravelling, but I've finally got them sorted! I admit, they look a bit weird after blocking right now, as the mesh stitch has a tendency to grow vertically after blocking - this is one of the few times I'd actually be really glad of a mitten form - I had to do a bit of fabric manipulation to get some of that growth of the yarn to shift to the horizontal - but that's ok. So, yeah, they might look a bit weird on the blocking towel, but, they work out just fine on my hand!
They turned out a bit more of a mesh then I'd originally planned, but, I think I like it! A regular in my Twitch chat suggested wearing them over plain gloves, and I plan to do just that - I have a pair of thinner plain black gloves that these should look awesome with while modeling! I do, eventually, want to see how these turn out with a thicker yarn - I'll keep the same hook size, nd I think they would be really interesting at a tighter tension (if I end up doing this, I'll release it as a variant of the same pattern!).
Yarn is an unknown Merino/Cashmere/Nylon blend that came to me as an amazing act of internet kindness. While I don't know the dyer, I was told the yarn content, and that's enough for me to work with! The cashmere makes these nice and warm, even with the more open-work fabric; and I'm quite happy with how these turned out!
The hook I used was my 3.5 mm (US E) hook from Leither Co. I won it on the (now apparently defunct), Yarn Thing Podcast, and I'm glad I did - it's not a style of hook I would have considered buying, but getting a chance to try it was definitely a good thing!
Hopefully I can get these photographed and up for testing soon - so, stay tuned over on Yarnpond for the testing call! And Pattern Muses over on Patreon will have downloads of the draft pattern, plus guaranteed spots in the testing process, so, stay tuned for those downloads, too!