FO Friday: Does One Birthday Sock Count as an FO?

For this FO Friday, I've finished One Sock.  

Yeah.  Not two socks, not a pair of socks, only one sock.  And, unlike my previous Birthday Knitting,  this project is, now, in fact, officially a belated birthday gift. /sigh/

a cabled knee high sock knit in green yarn laying flat.
But, I finished one sock, my giftee likes it, so, onward we go to try and finish the second sock at speed, right?

 Pattern is my Luckenbach Socks pattern, (the eagle-eyed among you might remember that this was the August Knit-Along pattern so that I'd actually have a hope of finishing these socks on time!). They're knit in The Knitting Loft's Boots Sock Yarn in "Kelly Green"  - it's their 'house' sock yarn and so far I'm quite happy with it! If I have to have a critique of this yarn it's that it's got a bit of a tendency to split, but that might be my needles. 

Speaking of needles, these were worked on the Chiagoo Red Lace Circulars, and wow, I'm really impressed with the cables on these!  People aren't lying when they say these needle cables don't kink! The tips are also some of the sharpest I've worked with, (which might be why my yarn is splitting more than I expect) 

Does it look a bit wonky right now?  Yes, yes it does.  It  hasn't been blocked yet, which will help even out those side cables and help it lay flat - or, having it on the foot will help too! 

Is it a true FO Friday project?  Probably not.  Am I posting it here because I can?  Absolutely!  

Comments