**This post contains affiliate links. Any link marked with an * may give me a reward or commission if you visit and/or purchase something using that link, at no additional cost to you! And, if you do purchase from my affiliate links, thank you for helping to keep rent paid!**
For this FO Friday, I've finished some Birthday Knitting - and, I've done so ahead of time for once!
The pattern is a Statement Cabled Scarf, knit in Lang Cloud in the colourway "Nebula." I had some of it left from the commission knit sweater I did earlier in the year, and since one of this years goals is to try and knit more from my stash, well, I hope my giftee appreciates the scarf! He already has several pairs of mittens from me, so I figured I'd mix it up this year - besides, I don't think the Lang Cloud would suit a pair of mittens very well. I've already gotten so many compliments while knitting this up in public, so I really do hope it's well-received. And the Lang Cloud is really quite soft and squishy, I think it's great for something next-to-skin like a scarf!I went down a few needle sizes to a set of vintage *5.5 mm Aero Needles (It looks like though Aero isn't manufacturing any more, that Mary Maxim is still stocking a similar brand? If anyone knows more, please, do let me know, I'd be curious!) And while originally I thought I might put fringe on this scarf, a few test strands showed that it didn't really work very well with the colour changes, so, no fringe on this scarf!
I'm just happy I finished some gift-knitting on time for once! Now onto some more Birthday Knitting with the upcoming August KAL!

Comments
Post a Comment