WIP Wednesday: Secret Sample Knit

Well, welcome back to WIP Wednesday! It's been a bit since I've had a WIP for you all (but, in this case, it's not quite a WIP. . . . yet.

A pair of grey metal knitting needles besides some blue lace-weight yarn wound up on a nostepinne.   The yarn has a faint sparkle to it.

Welcome to my super-secret  sample knit!

Wait, why is it secret?  

Well because it's going in for a submission to a magazine; and I'm likely not allowed to blab about it before hand.  Most magazines and other publications don't want designers sharing the WIP of their work before publication day.   Some are very strict about it, and won't accept a submission if there's any photographs on the internet, others don't mind if there's the odd blog post, and a rare few don't care. 

But, I realized, I can still share my cast on!   

I haven't been posting as much WIP Wed stuff for exactly this reason -- my two big WIPs right now are the Dr. Who scarf, which is so unwieldy I have no idea how to take a functional photo of it, (if you want to see me work on it live, come join me over on Twitch!) and a secret knit for an upcoming publication in a magazine. But, I realized I can at least show the yarn/needle choices for an upcoming pattern submission! And, if it's not accepted; I can self-publish it eventually anyway! 

Needles are a pair of inherited needles, (I think they're Aero?), they're 14-inch straight needles,  which I seem to be an odd soul, as I like long straight needles!    They're old enough they're listed as UK/Canadian size 11 needles, equivalent to a size 3 mm.  (And yes, they're bent,  but they still work well!) 

Yarn is a beautiful lace blend from Canadian Alpaca Products, that I got at the Woodstock Fleece Festival in 2017!  It's 95% Canadian Alpaca,  and  5% Stellina, and you can really see the Stellina in the yarn!

With luck, this will be worked up (at least for a good number of pattern repeats), blocked, photographed (luckily, my bad photography skills are enough to get a flat photograph of the start of the sample!)  and submitted to an upcoming call for designs!  

So that's my newest Cast On!  What have you folks cast on this week, I'd love to see in the comments! ! (Please, no Ravelry project links though, as Ravelry is, unfortunately, still a seizure risk. But IG posts, Facebook posts, blog posts, or anything else is more then welcome)!

Comments