Diamond and Lace Scarf Testing Call!

Hello folks! So, I'm happy to say, the testing call for my Diamonds and Lace Scarf is now live on Yarnpond!

The pattern has been languishing, only needing a few minor edits, and I got those edits done and sorted, so, now it's onto testing!  Though a bit belated, this is the next Patron-Exclusive pattern I've been cooking up, so, the only way to access it for now is to be a test-knitter, or a Patron! 
a woman with a worsted-weight scarf across her shoulder, her arm is outstretched and holding the end of the scarf.  The scarf has a lace diamond pattern, and is knit in a striping yarn in shades of green, brown, and cream.
Photography: Stephanie Wallace

I have to admit, I fell in love with the stitch pattern first, and then, had to hunt around for some yarn that would do it justice. 

That yarn is Wisdom Yarns Poems in "Enchanted Forest",  though, as is usual for my luck, the yarn has since been discontinued (any heavy-worsted or aran weight yarn would work up fine as a substitute).   This was souvenir yarn from a trip to Windsor Ontario, where I got to stop into Pretty Skeins for a few hours!

So, onto the testing details!   You can find the test on Yarnpond.  Sample was knit on 5.5 mm (US 9) straight needles, and used just under 350 yards (300 meters) of yarn.   Actually, I was playing quite the game of Yarn Chicken when I knit the sample, so, if you're using the recommended yarn or something with a similar yardage per ball, you might want to consider having an extra ball on hand!  And, on that note, -- gauge and yarn weight are both flexible for this pattern, though it will change the appearance and/or size of the finished object.  The stitch pattern is both charted and written. 
a close up of the diamond stitch pattern
Photography: Stephanie Wallace

I'm looking for six testers, and, specifically, I'm looking for testers to test the large-print/screen reader accessible version of this pattern, so if that's something you're willing/able to do, just make a note of that on your Yarnpond application, and I'll send you the link to the large print pattern.

Deadline for the test is June 30th (though I'm willing to extend the deadline on an individual basis, if needed). Testers who complete the test will receive the finished pattern for free, as well as two patterns of their choice from my self-published patterns

Also, if you want to be notified on Ravelry about new testing calls (both knit and crochet) you can PM me on Ravelry to sign up in my test-knitter's thread. And if you'd like to be added to my Yarnpond Testing pool, let me know your Yarnpond name!

I'll also post testing calls here on the blog, and to my other social media platforms (Facebook, Patreon, Instagram and Twitter), and, I'll send out calls to those on my mailing list, as well, so hopefully, anyone who's interested will see my testing calls. And if you know someone else who might be interested, please, feel free to share this post with them!

Comments