FO Friday! New Lace Scarf!

Welcome back! And today, FO Friday happens with another project I've more been knitting along with "in the background" as it were -- a yet-to-be named Worsted Weight lace scarf!  It will be 2019's Patreon Exclusive Pattern, like the Anghymesur Shawl (and yes, the Anghymesur Shawl was published in 2019, but started in 2018 -- no one said scheduling is my strong suit!)

Yarn for this is Wisdom Yarns Poems in "Enchanted Forest", which, like many yarns I fall in love with, has since been discontinued!    It's Aran-Weight, 100 % Wool, and wonderfully squishy!  The colour changes aren't quite identical per ball, so the scarf is a touch random, but I love it!    Only downside is it's a bit sticky.  So if you need to frog it, it can be a bit of a pain (ask me how I know that, haha!)
A folded lace scarf, knit with worsted-weight colour changing yarn  Colour changes from beige; grey; brown; black; and forest green.

And this particular set of skeins is souvenir yarn -- I got a chance to stop into Pretty Skeins, in Windsor, Ontario, while I was travelling.  I was between rehearsals for a choir I was singing with,  and spent a wonderful afternoon chattering with Heidi, the shop owner, and drinking my tea!   The shop is a neat little gem, tucked away in downtown Windsor (FYI, Google Maps had me on the wrong side of the street when I was trying to find it, so, keep your eyes open!)  

Only downside is that the shop, sadly, isn't wheelchair accessible, there's a set of steps up to the front.   But I managed that on my cane without too much trouble. 

Needles I used were an old set of 5.5 mm Aero straight needles that served the job quite well -- except they did have the nasty habit of slipping out of the project while it was in storage!  Usually my Aero needles don't do that, so I'm not sure what's going on there! 

As for the knitting itself, it's definitely a stashbuster!  I worked right up until the end of the skein, leaving nothing left (I actually was a bit ambitious and forgot the garter stitch at the other end of the scarf and had to frog back!)  So it's great to use every inch of some souvenir yarn or something you want/need to use up without leftovers! You can end the scarf basically after any wrong-side row, so you really can eke out all of your yardage. 

I'm not sure what the final home for this FO will be -- I was originally planning it as a Christmas Gift, but I've rather fallen in love with it, so now I'm indecisive  (not that I need more scarves, of course!)  So, those who've given away well-loved FO's -- how did you part with your project?

Comments