Pattern Release: Anghymesur Shawl

Hello folks!  So, I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that the Anghymesur Shawl pattern is now finished and live over on Patreon!

A knit lace shawl done in sock-weight yarn. The shawl is an asymmetrical triangle, with a gradient colour progression. The shawl is hanging against an iron fence.

If you're already a patron, head over and get your download!  If you're not a Patron, I've love to have you join me!

And for those of you who aren't familiar -- what is Patreon?  Patreon is a monthly membership platform specifically geared towards artists.   It's a way for folks to support the artists they love; and for those artists to give back to their community! 

For as little as $2 a month, you'll get access to this (and future) exclusive patterns; (and any errata, as well)! You'll also get access to exclusive behind-the-scenes looks at my life and work, credit here on the blog and in my Podcast; and more!  And Patreon makes it super-easy to edit or cancel a pledge, so don't worry, there's no risk there!

With that said; what about the pattern?

So, this shawl materialized from the question of ‘what do I do with one skein of Gradient Sock Yarn if I’m not making socks?’   The answer is, well, knit a shawl!

This asymmetrical, triangular shawl is knit flat, using either a set of long straight needles or circular needles. It  uses a lace pattern, with purled wrong side rows, as well as  two stitch cables. The instructions are both charted and written. The pattern is written for one size, but is easily adjustable to the amount of yarn you have.

Also, this pattern has an accessible large print option that is compatible with screen-reading software. If you choose the accessible option, it includes the written instruction.  All versions are included when you become a Patron!

The sample was knit using Dragon Strings Phoenix Wings Gradient, in "Dark Crystal" which is 75% merino wool, and 25% nylon. If you are substituting yarn, any Merino/Nylon or wool Sock Yarn will work up well. This pattern is designed for single skein gradient/obmbre yarns, but it will
work up well in just about any fingering weight yarn -- I'd love to see this in a speckled yarn!

I always look forward to seeing what you make, and please, tag your creations on Social Media with #SarahDawnsDesigns,  or post them in the Patreon Community, so I can find your awesome things! If you've got feedback, comments, or questions about the pattern, you can comment here, post to the Ravelry Pattern thread, send me a PM on Ravelry, or e-mail me at sarahdawnsdesigns@gmail.com.

I do hope you enjoy my newest pattern, and happy crafting!

Comments