FO Friday: Anghymesur Shawl!

Well, I actually finished the Anghymesur Shawl in 2018, but I've been neglecting to post about it until now!  I'm really happy with how some of the pattern photos came out, so I've finally remembered to post this for FO Friday!  And yes, I did win my game of Yarn Chicken -- sorry for keeping you folks in suspense!
A knit lace shawl done in sock-weight yarn.  The shawl is an asymmetrical triangle, with a gradient colour progression.  The shawl is hanging against an iron fence.
Photography; Stephanie Wallace

Yarn is Dragon Strings Phoenix Wings Gradient in "Dark Crystal". I got it at the Woodstock Fleece Festival last year, and I really am enjoying it - it knit up wonderfully, especially after a good steam-blocking! I loved the yarn, but I really wasn't sure what I wanted to make with it at the time -- especially since it was only 1 skein, so socks (which were my first choice) wouldn't have matched!   I also wanted something that I could 'knit until I run out of yarn' with, to eliminate yarn leftovers, and in that, I succeeded!

I worked this on a very old pair of what I think are Aero Needles (one was bent, that's how old they are!)  They were sized in what I think was Canadian/UK sizes -- they were labeled as '11' but my needle gauge has them as 3 mm, which makes sense.  They were 14 inch straight needles, and yes, the shawl did fit on them, but only just -- I'd probably do this on circulars if I were doing it again (or if I was making it bigger). 

This shawl will be released over on Patreon as a huge 'thank you' to all my Patrons.  The Test-Knit post is live there now, and the test knit will go public on Ravelry in two weeks (and stay tuned for that post here on the blog!)

So, that's this FO Friday (even if it's a bit of a cheat, since I finished this in 2018).  But I'm glad that it's done,  and I'm thrilled that I can show it off (and wear it in what is now a properly cold winter!)  What have you folks finished this week -- I'd love to see in the comments!

Comments