A Quiz About Colour!

 So, via the blogosphere (is that still a word), I found this post from Nothing But Knit, and figured I'd let you folks (especially some of the newer folks) know a bit more about me!

I happen to actually struggle with colour.  I have my favorites, but I've learned from years of dreadful fashion experience that my colour sense, does not conform to most people's expectations of colour. 

So I've learned what colours work together somewhat by rote, and somewhat by guesswork.  But, it works for me!
Anyway, onto the questions!

  1. What is your favorite color? How is this color reflected in your crafting?
  2. Do you prefer bright colors or more subdued shades?
  3. Does your color mood shift with the seasons? Do you carry one color all year and just change the accent color?
  4. Is there a color you avoid? Or maybe it’s underrepresented in your crafting?
  5. When you pick out your crafting supplies how important is color to you? Is it the first thing you consider or is it a bit further down the list?
  6. Do you ever consciously choose a different color palette just for the change?
And now, my answers!

  1. Well, at least my favorite colour is easy - I run towards, blues, teal greens, and other jewel tones!
  2. I tend to prefer saturated colours.  Bright, maybe but definitely more saturated. 
  3. My colour mood?  No, I don't think it really shifts with the seasons, but I do notice more pastels, creams, and whites in my wardrobe in the summer months, but that might be more due to the practicality of wearing light colours in summer. 
  4. I avoid neons.  Don't usually use them, don't like them. 
  5. How important is colour?  Well, if I'm browsing a shop, it's what my eye is first drawn to.  But if I'm actually planning a project, I tend to look for the fiber base and the quality of the yarn, then the colour after that. 
  6. Consciously?  No.  But sometimes I get a different colour palette because I'm doing gift knitting or commission knitting, and the recipient's colour choices can be very different from my own.  And admittedly, it is a nice change to work with something different!
Well, that's a teeny bit more about me!  

I'd love to hear your answers -- post them in the comments, or put a link to your own answers!  


Comments