Cosmic Crochet Cowl Testing Call!

A woman wearing a crochet lace cowl done in a variegated yarn. The cowl is pulled up over her mouth and nose.
Photography: Stephanie Wallace
Hello folks! So, I'm superbly thrilled to announce the testing call for my Cosmic Crochet Cowl!

Well, I've been working on getting some new patterns up for testing, and now the Cosmic Crochet Cowl is up! I'm looking for 15 testers, 3 for each size variant, and to test both the charted and written instruction (or a combination of both) If folks are interested, you will have to sign up to YarnPond to participate, but the sign up is quite simple, and is free!

This cowl came out of wanting to find a crochet stitch pattern suitable for a skein of variegated yarn! Often, variegated yarn can turn into an ugly mess of colours, and I wanted to avoid that, so after much experimentation, the Cosmic Crochet Cowl was born!

Yarn used is the (now discontinued) Fleece Artist Sea Wool in “SeaStorm”. When looking for a substitute, any Merino/Tencel or Merino/SeaCell blend would work wonderfully as a substitute, or any wool blend with a high drape.

Pattern is written in US Crochet Terminology, and the lace stitch is both written and charted

And, on that note, -- gauge and yarn weight are both flexible for this pattern, though it will change the appearance and/or size of the finished object.

Deadline for the test is March 23, 2020 (though I'm willing to extend the deadline on an individual basis, if needed). Testers who complete the test will receive the finished pattern for free, as well as two patterns of their choice from my self-published patterns.

Also, if you want to be notified on Ravelry about new testing calls, you can PM me on Ravelry to sign up in my test-knitter's thread. And if you'd like to be added to my Yarnpond Testing pool, let me know your Yarnpond name!

I'll also post testing calls here on the blog, and to my other social media platforms (Facebook, Patreon, Instagram and Twitter), and, I'll send out calls to those on my mailing list, as well, so hopefully, anyone who's interested will see my testing calls. And if you know someone else who might be interested, please, feel free to share this post with them!

P.S. And, if you're a Patron, you're already guaranteed a spot in the test-knit if you want it, so please, do let me know if you'd like to formally test-knit!

Comments