**This post contains affiliate links. Any link marked with an * will give me a reward or commission if you purchase something using that link.**
I started work on the Convolution Hat last December, and . . . well, lets just say that it needed a second try. While I love how the pattern's working out, what you can't tell from the previous photo is that it didn't turn out quite right.
I tried fixing the flaring of the ribbing by hemming my prototype, which kind of worked. But not enough that I was happy with it, so, it was clearly a time for as second prototype:
I'm just working along the beginning of the crown decreases. Even though I altered the ribbing, it's still flaring, but I think this time it will work better hemmed. And, if not, I'll alter the ribbing again and try again with a third prototype! (Third time's the charm, if it comes to it!)
The yarn is *Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash, in "Rose", and I'm not sure if the colour is still available or not. The needles are my inherited Aero needles, with their thick circular cord (I love the Aero needles, but the cords on the Aero circulars are always a pain-in-the-behind). And you can find the *rose stitch marker I'm using in *EfficientSense's Etsy Store. (and, as always, I have to say that I absolutely love her stitch markers.)
I originally planned to have this up for testing a while ago, but the ribbing is definitely refusing to cooperate. If this prototype does what I want, I'm hoping to have it up for testing in September/October, so, stay tuned here!
My intent is to make WIP Wed a weekly feature here on the blog, so, stay tuned for more posts about what's on my needles and what I'm working on. Wish me luck, and thanks for tuning in!