The Yarn Harlot on How to Salvage Cables

Yes, there's a blog called the Yarn Harlot; and her work is amazing. You can find her work cited in a lot of discussions on Ravelry and other knitting online communities.  If you have the opportunity, I strongly suggest a read-through of her work.

And, she saved a project of mine.

See, I'd done this on a sweater I was working on (I'm making this one from a DROPS design; and I've yet to finish the full sweater yet):

The picture shows a few inches of sweater sleeve, still on the needles.  The sleeve shows a cabled celtic knot pattern, and the centre cable is obviously wrongly crossed.
And not noticed until much further down the sleeve.  Needless to say, I didn't want to ladder down to fix it. 

So as I sat there agonizing about what to do, I came across the Yarn Harlot's post about darning over wrongly-crossed cables. 

And  huzzah, the cables look right now!  I haven't yet finished this sleeve, so there's no celebratory picture yet, but there will be whenever I finish this sweater.  It's been in and out of hibernation for the past four years(!) so there are no promises to whenever I finish it!

But, I thought I would share with you one of the best tools in my arsenal for dealing with cable mistakes.  It really is helpful when you just can't ladder down to fix a wrongly-crossed cable.

Comments