Math Made Easy

Hello again all!

It's time for another resource link; this time, it's KnittingFiend's  Calculator Tools!

These tools are an absolutely  huge help for figuring out a lot of things. From sleeves, to increases/decreases across a row, to adding bust darts, there's a lot here.

KnittingFiend is still in the process of updating her own blog and resource page, so if the link above doesn't work, please let me know!

My personal favorite is How to Increase Evenly Across a Row calculator.  This has simplified so many older patterns for me (a lot of older patterns have instructions such as 'increase 5 stitches evenly across next row), and this is one less piece of math I need to do.

It's also a great shortcut for designers, if you want to double-check your math.  I've caught more then a few errors in rough-draft patterns by checking my numbers against the calculators.

Well, that's about it for the moment!  I'll add the calculator tools to the Resource Links momentarily, and I hope people find it helpful!

Until next time!

Comments