Class Updates and a Question to my Readers:

Hello all!

It's pretty quiet in my fiber world right now, I've been working away on a shawl (not one of my own design, though) for a friend for her birthday.   So, sadly,  no new pictures right now.

(Random tangent:  Can I just comment that I'm totally jealous of most of the photography skills and the beautiful pictures I see in the blogsphere?  I would love to be able to pull off that kind of photography spontaneously.  But photography is most definitely not one of my creative skills.)

Anyway, I do still have some exciting news: I was accepted to the self-employment class from the Toronto Business Development Centre!    The classes are pretty intense, which is good, but it's definitely been a big change for me. It feels strange to be going 'back to school'.  It doesn't help that I am not a morning person by nature, so now I have to get up to go to class . . . I will admit to missing my university days when I could sleep in as much as I wanted.

Through this class, I'm quickly discovering that there's a lot to do when getting a business off the ground. Not that I mind, I love the challenge, and the class is really great!  What that means for my readers is that this week, and over the next few weeks, I might post some questions here.  Feedback from my readers (and potential customers) would be an amazing guide for me to figure out exactly what knitters/crocheters are looking for in pattern design -- and would definitely help me make the most sensible, best-layed-out design I can. 

That said, my first question is pretty general:  What would you like to see me do with my patterns?  Or, conversely, what would you -not- like to see in my patterns?

Comments