WWKiP Day Recap, and sneak peeks for Canada 150!

Well, I'm back from Leslie Grove Park, folks, and I had a blast!

Sadly, I didn't do a lot of (ok, any) photo taking. I was too busy chattering and knitting.

I was a bit late getting there, since part of the Subway was down for maintenance over the weekend.  But, I made it in the long run, which is the important part.   Originally the weather looked like we might get rained out, but, nope, it was actually perfect weather. Underneath the trees in the shade, we were quite comfortable!

Since it was about knitting in public, I brought with me a new WIP I've started up recently.  Though I didn't get photos while there, I've taken some now so you folks can see!

This is a prototype of my Zig Zag Lace Tank Top (as usual, working title)!  This particular photograph is the beginning of the back panel.

Flat Knitted lace on two wooden needles, with a bottom edge of ribbing. The yarn is a fingering weight, and varigated blue-green-brown.

The yarn is Fleece Artists' Canada 150 Yarn, in the New Brunswick Colourway, and the needles are Maple needles from Turn of the Century.

And oh my goodness, this yarn is gorgeous!  I picked up a few different colours while I was The Purple Purl last time, and I'm -so- glad I did, it's selling out all over the place!  I have plans to make my second sample of this tank in the Northwest Territories colourway; and I've also got a skein of the Yukon colourway as well that I have different ideas for.

But that wasn't the only excitement.  The wonderful staff of The Purple Purl were doing giveaways, and I ended up with this wonderful bag!

A bag striped in Purple, Turquoise, and Black.  It has two handles and a zippered top.
I managed to remember the various KAL's that the store's done over time (after stammering for a moment, because I forgot the names of the patterns) so I that's how I won this bag. It's got a zippered top and an interior zippered pocket that defied photography, and it's actually quite sturdy. So, a huge thank you to The Purple Purl for the awesome new project bag!

Anyway, that's my update from WWKiP 2017.  It was a lot of fun, and I'm already looking forward to next year's KiP!

Comments